India’s 1st ‘GlobalSpin Round Table Conclave’ on Innovative Financing (Debt/ Equity/ CSR/ Grant) for Startups/ MSMEs in the Fashion, Textile and Apparel Sector (focusing Technical/ Smart Textiles with key elements of Textiles, Electronics and IT/Software) was organized at National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), New Delhi on Monday, 25th of July 2022 by IAMKHAADII Foundation in association with NFDI and WASME.
The objective was to develop Strategic Thinking on the financing of the Early Stage Companies (Start-ups / MSMEs) through Equity / Debt / CSR / Grant and to brainstorm on India’s 1st SEBI registered Alternative Investment Fund (AIF) CAT – II for Fashion, Textile & Apparel Sector. Those funds will be utilized to support Women-Led & Women-Focused MSMEs for Export Promotion and Start-ups / MSMEs to develop and scale their Innovation, Technology and Manufacturing and take them to emerging markets.
The whole idea was conceptualized by Mr. Yash Arya and was backed by Dr. Ajit Nigam (CEO NFDI) and Ms. Ashmeen Munjal, who is a visionary and in a mission to transform India to a $ 5 Trillion economy in next 5 years through jobs, wealth creation and enhancing exports for the country. She herself is a successful business entrepreneur & promotes women in startups and entrepreneurship.
The program’s Chief Guest was Shri. U. P. Singh (IAS), Secretary Textiles and Special Guest of Honor was Shri. V. K. Singh (IAS) Special Secretary Textiles. The event host was Shri. Shantmanu (IAS), DG NIFT.
Several Central and State Govt. Officials and Policy Makers attended the program and shared their views towards attaining the program objective –
- Shri. T. P. Rajesh (IAS), Commissioner Handlooms and Textiles, Govt. of Tamil Nadu
- Shri. Bhuvnesh Kumar (IAS), Joint Secretary, MEITY, Govt. of India
- Shri. Animesh Bharti (IES), Economic Adviser, Department of Public Enterprises, Govt. of India
- Shri. Rajeev Saxena (IRSS), Joint Secretary, Ministry of Textiles, Govt. of India
- Ms. Amisha Srivastava Gupt (IRS), Director Finance NIFT, Govt. of India
- Shri. Sachin Dhania (IRS), Deputy Secretary, DPIIT, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, GoI
- Shri. Gaurang Dixit, Director Finance, NSIC, Ministry of MSME, Govt. of India
- Shri. Palash Srivastava, CEO IIFCL, Ministry of Finance, Govt. of India
- Shri. Rakesh Pandey, Director KVIC, Ministry of MSME, Govt. of India
- Dr. R. K. Bharti, Director MSME-DI, Ministry of MSME, Govt. of India
- Shri. B. N. Tiwari, CGM, Madhya Pradesh Laghu Udyog Nigam Limited
- Shri. Vivek Yadav, Head Madhya Pradesh Startup Cell, MSME, Govt. of Madhya Pradesh
- Ms. Parull Mahajan, Head Govt. and International Affairs, National Skill Development Center
- Dr. Sanju Thomas Abraham, MD, Tamil Nadu Apex Skill Development Centre for Health Care
Shri. Yash Arya, CEO IAMKHADI & DigitalMSME requested Ministry of Textiles to get Technical Textile included as a Sunrise Sector. He wants India to become a “Textile Innovation Hub” and NFDI should enable and empower Fashion & Technology eco-system across the globe, where FashionTech Startups of the world can exchange knowledge transfer on New Innovations and Technologies like Metaverse, BlockChain, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning etc. His vision is to make India The Global Fashion Capital Of The World, where India create and build Global Stories, Brands and Unicorns for rest of the world.
Several Venture Capitalists like Gaurav Kachru, Sandro Stephen, Dr Pallavi Tak, Amit Singal, M. N. Padmanabhan, Shishir Miglani, Prashant Dua, Vikram Gupta, Puneet Gupta, Ajay Muttreja, Samir Singh, Aditya Arora, Amit Mishra graced the occasion along with participating Banks like IDFC First Bank, IDBI, SBI and Union Bank of India and NBFCs like Caspian Impact Investments, SKC Investment, Loan Money, Ink Texventures and several top CAs firms and Fund Managers attended the conclave.
The outcome achieved was to understand the nuances of investments in Fashion, Textile and Apparel sector and how investors can multiply investments from 2X to 10X and also investors behavior and investment decisions. The conclave focused on startup investments, drivers and challenges outside core area and formulated a structured way of investment to minimize risk and increase success & profits.