To get TechCrunch’s biggest and most important stories delivered to your inbox every day at 3pm PDT; Register here.
Hello, and happy Wednesday! As I write this, I am enjoying a virtual “holiyay” with my fellow TechCrunchers. came He’s leaving on a jet plane, but he’ll be back tomorrow. Let’s dive into the news. – Christine
TechCrunch’s Top 3
- You can’t handle the jetElon Musk even told the man behind the Elon Jet, whose Twitter account follows his flight, that he maintains free speech, but the account has been permanently suspended. Amanda It has more.
- If you can’t beat them, join them: In the past, Apple has fought against “sideloading” alternative app stores on the iPhone, but in order to comply with European regulations, the consumer tech giant is now reportedly looking to allow it in iOS 17. year, Ivan Reports.
- Cash flow confusion: Mary Ann He reports on Nilus, a startup that raised $8.5 million to automate financial workflows so companies can more easily manage customer payments.
Startups and VCs
Wow you all have been eating fintech news today. Okay, here’s another one. Bondaval, a London-based B2B company that provides credit unions with assurances that customers will pay their bills, has raised $15 million in Series A funding. Catherine Writing that Bondaval has now expanded into new use cases for credit managers at large companies, including those in the energy sector.
And we have four more for you:
- You look goodBollywood star Deepika Padukone has a hit on her hands with her $7.5 million skin care startup. Manish He wrote.
- Undressing: Ingrid It reports another round of funding for Shield AI, giving it a $2.3 billion valuation. The company’s military autonomous flight technology is a bright spot in the defense sector, which continues to attract investment.
- I need one dollar or 1 billionVisa is targeting $1 billion in partnerships for Africa over the next five years and is investing in businesses to address issues ranging from food insecurity to the underbanked. take up He wrote.
- You can bet on this: Blockchain has faced its fair share of challenges this year amid the crypto winter and other scandals, Mike He writes, but he seems to be finding his stride in the sports betting market.
Dear Sophie: When can I register my employee for the H-1B lottery?
We are a pre-seed startup considering sponsoring an employee H-1B visa to stay and work for us in the US.
How does the process work?
– Searching in San Mateo
Three more from the TC+ team:
TechCrunch+ Our membership program helps founders and startup teams stay ahead of the pack. You can register here.. Use code “DC” for 15% off annual subscription!
Big Tech Inc.
The US National Security Agency has warned that Chinese hackers are exploiting a zero-day flaw in two Citrix networking products. Carly “The critical-rated vulnerability allows an unverified attacker to remotely run malicious code on vulnerable devices – no password required. Of!
Another warning that Twitter news is coming. Natasha L Forcing Elon Musk to monitor ads on Twitter has reportedly put him on the shortlist for talks with the European Union. Also, Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey had a good one-day run on the Revue newsletter platform before the social media giant announced its shutdown. Amanda It has more on that.
And we have four more for you: