To get TechCrunch’s biggest and most important stories delivered to your inbox every day at 3pm PDT; Register here.
Welcome back to your daily round of TechCrunch goodness. It’s the last day with you (you’re welcome!), so Christine It’s back to daily crutch seating on Tuesday. came He won’t be back yet because he’s heading to Vegas as part of the crew covering CES. Speaking of CES, Brian It has lifted the curtain on what we can expect from the first fully-produced product since before Covid.
Hi guys for now. Hello and happy new year to all. – Henry
on top of
- to the matrix: No, no That’s what he said. Matrix We are talking about an open standards based comms protocol called Matrix. Paul He went deeper. The network has doubled in size due to increased enterprise and government use. Reddit is also making strides in testing it for its chat feature.
- For integration: Tim He looks at five startups that are poised to take advantage of the recent merger breakthroughs. [TC+]
- Alt-ChatGPTA similar open-source approach follows OpenAI’s ChatGPT. It’s called PaLM + RLHF (rolls off the tongue, eh?), but Kyle It writes that it is already untrained, which means good luck running it.
- They have meta eyes: Amanda Metta writes that Netherlands-based smart glasses company is entering the eyewear business by acquiring LuxeCell.
- Book tracking: Aisha 2023 has put together a list of five apps you can use to keep track of the reading you plan to do once the clock strikes.
- Netflix vs. HuluMaybe you’ve decided to cut a streaming service or two from your lineup given the continued price hikes. Lauren Check out Netflix and Hulu features to help you make a decision.
What to look for in a term sheet as a first time founder
Silicon Valley reporter Connie Loizos interviewed three seasoned VCs to get their best advice for budding entrepreneurs. she asked them.
- Why do you need to know what’s going on in a term sheet before you see it?
- Which method is best to use in the beginning?
- How much equity will be distributed at each initial fundraising stage?
- What is a red flag in a term paper?
- How should founders think about valuation when it comes to that first term sheet?
TechCrunch+ Our membership program helps founders and startup teams stay ahead of the pack. You can register here.. Use code “DC” for 15% off annual subscription!
Looking back and looking forward
We’ve rounded up TC+ venture capital stories that have unfortunately seen many failures. And here are a few more favorites for good measure:
Zach And Carly This year saw how law enforcement has cracked down on cybercriminals. They investigate the efforts of both criminals and police to achieve justice.
Indian startups are awash with cash-strapped investments. right now, Manish The ecosystem is struggling with tightening funding purses, layoffs and disappointing public startups, he writes.
Leave a Reply