BOWLING GREEN, Ky. WKU Soccer will play its final preseason tune-up Sunday afternoon at Austin Peay. The exhibition game is set to begin at 2:00 p.m.
WKU (0-0-0) at Austin Peay (0-0-0)
Sunday, August 14 | 2 in the afternoon
Morgan Brothers Soccer Field | Free entry
- WKU and Murray State tied 0-0 in the Lady Toppers’ unofficial debut on Wednesday. The two teams agreed to take the game to penalty kicks to decide the winner and WKU came out on top, 4-2.
- The Lady Toppers return all but three starters from the 2021 season, including members of the United Soccer Coaches All-Region third team Lyric Schmidt AND Katie Ervin. WKU also returns the 2020 Conference USA Player and Midfielder of the Year Amber Barnett from injury.
- The Lady Toppers finished last season 10-5-1 overall and 5-2-1 in league play, good for a second-place finish in the East division.
- The 2022 schedule includes 18 regular season games, two exhibitions, 10 conference games and nine home games.
- Erwin tied for WKU’s leading scorer in 2021 with four goals on the season and led the team in points with four assists.
The next one
- The Lady Toppers officially open the season on the road against Xavier on August 18th. First touch is set for 5:00 PM (CT).
- WKU’s regular season home opener will be Aug. 20 against Union (Tenn.) at 7 p.m.
How to Follow Lady Toppers: For complete information on WKU Lady Topper Soccer, visit WKUSports.com or follow the program via social media @WKU_Soccer on Twitter and Instagram.