Student loan forgiveness is on the horizon, with experts saying President Joe Biden could cancel student loans for more than 40 million Americans every day now, wiping out debt balances averaging more than $37,000.
But what if you don’t qualify? Or what if it doesn’t?
Remote work and travel may be the answer. Lucky for you, many companies understand that their employees need help paying off student loan debt—along with the fact that many people want to work from home or work and travel.
FlexJobs — a job search site that specializes in flexible and remote employment — had identified 30 companies that offer student loan repayment assistance and remote hiring. This means you can travel the world, earn money and not worry about student loans.
Many of the companies on the FlexJobs list offer student loan support through a monthly payment to people who are currently paying off debt. Other companies offer annual contributions applied toward student loans (or even 401k).
The level of student loan forgiveness usually depends on whether the employee has full-time or part-time status.
Here are 30 companies that offer student loan forgiveness assistance along with telecommuting or work-from-home opportunities, listed in alphabetical order.
- Abbott: A healthcare research company with remote jobs in marketing, medical science and more.
- Aetna: A health insurance company with remote jobs in counseling, customer service, research – to name a few.
- American Family Insurance: An insurance company with flexible work in event planning, project management and more.
- Ameritas: A company specializing in insurance, employee benefits and financial services with telecommuting as a senior plan administrator and data operations manager.
- Atticus Law: A new type of public interest law firm with remote work opportunities in legal, writing and related fields.
- BAM Communications: A journalist-founded public relations and marketing firm with 100% remote work in advertising, PR, account management and more.
- ChowNow: A company that helps local restaurants with branded online food ordering systems. ChowNow flexible jobs are posted in career fields such as food and beverage and marketing.
- CommonBond, Inc.: A company that helps people finance student loans and has remote jobs in accounting, finance, law and more.
- Crossmedia: A channel-driven media agency, built for the future, with 100% remote work with full-time hours in areas such as advertising, PR, IT and IT, Internet and e-commerce and marketing.
- Evercommerce: A portfolio of software companies hiring for full-time, 100% remote flexibility in career fields including communications, accounting, finance, marketing, project management, and computing and IT.
- Fidelity Investments: A financial services firm with remote roles such as trading positions and investment consultants.
- Google: One of the world’s most pervasive technology organizations with hybrid and remote capabilities in areas such as Internet and e-commerce, engineering, project management, and software development.
- GumGum: A digital media and advertising firm with 100% work-from-home flexibility and flexible schedule options in marketing, accounting and finance, operations and more.
- HCA Healthcare: A leading provider of healthcare services offering clinical and non-clinical career opportunities with flexible career paths.
- Homesite Insurance: An insurance company offering full-time work with up to 100% remote flexibility.
- Live Nation: A global leader in live entertainment and e-commerce with flexible work in engineering, sales, marketing and more
- Main Street Bank: A full-time casualty and property mutual insurance holding company, remote work in business development, insurance and consulting, among others.
- Medix: A staffing and recruiting company with remote roles such as customer service and engineering.
- New York Life: A mutual insurance industry company with telecommuting roles in marketing, account management and more.
- NVIDIA: A technology company with remote work as a game engine writer and artist.
- Parallon: A healthcare company with career tracks in fields such as medicine, health, accounting, finance, insurance and more.
- Peloton: A home fitness company with temp, freelance and remote jobs with full-time and part-time schedules.
- PricewaterhouseCoopers: A global professional services organization that has posted jobs in accounting, finance, consulting and business development, among related career fields.
- Pure Insurance: A company that offers a variety of insurance services and often offers full-time and work-from-home jobs.
- Real Chemistry: A marketing and advertising company that has flexible work for individuals who have a bachelor’s degree and manager-level experience in fields such as advertising, PR, medical, health and account management.
- SoFi – Social Finance: A fin-tech company that offers refinancing options, personal loans, life insurance, student loans, investments and mortgages.
- Teachable: A venture-backed startup that provides a platform for creating and selling online courses.
- Hartford: An investment and insurance company with optional, hybrid and 100% remote work, some of which have enabled flexible and part-time schedules.
- Vituity: A physician-led and owned healthcare delivery organization.
- Weedmaps: A cannabis company with work in marketing, media and more.
• How to Leave the US (and the Best Places to Escape)
• Crime in America: Study reveals 10 most unsafe cities (it’s not where you think)