Travel is expensive most of the time and even more so during global inflation stemming from the pandemic and the war in Ukraine. PBut there are ways to travel more cheaply by doing things differently, doing better research and/or booking one. Here are some ideas for you.
- Find the cheapest time to go outIt’s become more difficult now that many work from home and you can technically travel while telecommuting, but typically, Tuesday and Wednesday are the cheapest days to buy flights on all online sales platforms.
- Avoid checking bags when possibleDue to the worldwide strike at airports, traveling with a lot of luggage can be difficult. Avoid losing your luggage or standing in line for hours to check your luggage. Travel easy, with just one suitcase.
- Try not to cover so many places: Is it really necessary to plan a trip to three continents, multiple flights and multiple hotels? This will increase the stress and processes of being able to travel across the EU due to travel restrictions due to COVID-19, especially if you are traveling from the Latin American continent or Asia. Stay in a country or a region. Avoid visiting more than three countries in a single trip.
- Don’t be afraid of the scale: We all want to find direct and cheap flights, but the reality is that it is the most expensive option. If you’re traveling from Latin America to Europe, it’s best to find a stopover via the United States (New York, Atlanta, Miami); or one for Canada (Toronto, Montreal); Or a stopover in Central America like Panama. The cost of flying has been reduced significantly.
- Book in advance: It is always best to book in advance for everything. This tip is not only for you to find cheap flights and accommodation, but also to reach Find a seat if you plan to travel during the holiday season (whether on flights, hotels, tours). This is useful so that you can plan your trip exactly and not have to change your route.
- There are different payment methods available: It’s almost always worth paying with a credit or debit card, as any charges you want to clear with your bank can be incurred. Avoid carrying large sums of money, as there may be a loss of that money, And withdrawing money from ATM is very expensive due to currency exchange. If you lose a card, consider bringing more than one with you.