The EIT Digital Challenge is a leading pan-European competition to identify the best European deep-tech entrepreneurs and help them grow internationally. Back in its 9th edition, the EIT Digital Challenge 2022 is looking for fast-growing companies with a diversified product offering that leverages sophisticated, hard-to-replicate digital technologies.
In the year Since its launch in 2014, the competition has attracted thousands of applications from 33 European countries. Many of the winning scales have moved on to internationally successful companies. Now it’s your turn to shine!
Do you build digital technology solutions?
The EIT Digital Challenge 2022 will focus on the deep technological standards that drive significant innovation in the following five categories:
Digital technologyInventing the digital future with core technologies that deliver reliable, robust, responsive and intelligent communications and computing.
Digital citiesServing cities with digital technologies for urban mobility, citizen engagement and public safety.
Digital industryThe digital transformation of the industry, from manufacturing to logistics and retail.
Digital securityAnalyzing sensor data to protect the health of youth, workers and the elderly.
Digital FinanceDisruption of digital transactions and institutions with technologies that enable transparency, efficiency, security and trust.
Why should you apply for the EIT Digital Exam?
The 5 winners of the EIT Digital Challenge 2022 will receive entry into the 12-month EIT Digital Accelerator Programme. You will also have access to services provided by the EIT Digital Accelerator team in global finance and business development.
The top 20 companies will be invited to pitch in front of experts and investors at a special event. If you are one of them, you will have the opportunity to participate in a match with invited corporations and investors.
Explore all the advantages of passing the EIT digital exam
- Development support€50,000 worth of tailored global growth support with the EIT Digital Accelerator for a full year to grow your business.
- Fundraising support: An experienced team of business developers and financiers from 17 major European cities and a hub in Silicon Valley to support you in growing your business internationally and raising capital.
- Pan-European innovation networkThe EIT Digital network has access to more than 350 renowned partners across Europe – from corporations, small and medium enterprises (SMEs), start-ups, universities and research institutes.
- International visibility: EIT Digital will spread the word about your success and share your story through well-connected offline and online channels, as well as major European media – driving powerful global exposure for your business.
EIT Digital Exam Key Dates and Timeline
- Application deadline: September 19 – Apply here!
- Calls with selected applicants: September to October
- Notification of Finalists: Oct
- Final Event: October 27
EIT Digital Assessors will list applicants like you who will be invited for a personal call. This will allow evaluators to clearly understand your mission, vision, and growth potential, as well as the areas in which you need support. Finalists are selected based on these calls.
EIT Digital will then invite the finalists to a special closed group event where they will have the opportunity to present in front of investors, corporate executives, journalists and EIT Digital representatives.
Are you eligible for the EIT Digital Challenge 2022?
Startups at the growth stage – criteria – can be applied in five thematic areas: digital tech, digital industry, digital cities, digital security and digital finance. Companies interested in applying should consider the following eligibility criteria for the EIT Digital Challenge:
- Your measure is included after January 1, 2012.
- Your measure is registered in the EU-27 or Horizon Europe Associated countries
- Your measurement source:
- A minimum income of €300,000 by 2021, or,
- A minimum income of €300,000 in the first semester (until 30 June) 2022, or,
- Total equity capital up to €2,000,000.
EIT Digital examines the market and international potential of your product or service, as well as the quality of your core team.
EIT’s Digital Challenge Accelerates Scalps.
Discover the exciting solutions presented by the winners of the EIT Digital Challenge 2021:
- Cubbit is a Bologna-based IT scale that enables distributed, encrypted and also green cloud storage.
- Based in Paris, Connect Food is a food technology company advancing food discovery through its blockchain-based solution.
- Hamburg-based scale-up Nect is shaping the future of digital identity with its fully automated AI-powered online identification solution.
Are you ready to grow your business and strengthen Europe’s deep tech ecosystem?
Apply for the EIT Digital Challenge today!
Sharing is caring