The Public Relations and Communications Association (PRCA) has announced the launch of the PRCA Africa NextGen Group.
“It’s important to empower and support our youth and emerging talent in the region by giving them the right tools and support to make the right decisions in their careers,” said PRCA International Director Melissa Cannon.
“PRCA Africa NextGen will help young African professionals build a community where they can share their experiences, grow and, more importantly, showcase their amazing talents.”
The group’s launch follows significant membership growth across the continent and is the latest initiative aimed at providing events, information, support and advice to practicing PR and communications professionals in Africa from postgraduate to account director level.
Founding Committee Members:
- Juliet Tshele, Razor at M&C Saatchi Group, South Africa
- Ezinu Adogla Deteh, Diffusion Limited, Ghana
- Shaun Demer, CEO at M&C Saatchi Group, South Africa
- Lerato Motloung, Hook, Line & Sinker, South Africa
- Prince Mekonon, Spotlight Pvt. Ltd., Ethiopia
- Christine McKeown, CEO at M&C Saatchi Group, South Africa
- Adeola Ibiyemi, opinion and public BCW, Ivory Coast
- Brenda Sono, Eclipse Communications, South Africa
- John Getu, Spotlight PLC, Ethiopia
- Asanda Gura, Eclipse Communications, South Africa
- Henry Rugamba, APRA, Uganda
- Lerato poisoning, opinion and public BCW, South Africa
- Davina Nnawuihe, Opinion and Public BCW, Nigeria
- Zitobi Shabalala, Edelman, South Africa
- Patrick Mkala, DUO Marketing + Communications, South Africa
- Cherná Lutta, discussion, South Africa
- Nicola Pykstra, Conversation, South Africa
The team is committed to supporting beginners and seasoned practitioners alike, equipping professionals with all the tools they need to achieve significant career growth.
It provides a forum for discussion, peer-to-peer sharing of tips and experiences, and inspirational visuals for learning to encourage growth and innovation.
Focused on igniting ambition and bringing together young professionals across the continent, the group showcases best practices and highlights the importance of public relations in business and society.