Editorial Note: We earn a commission from affiliate links on Forbes Advisor. Commissions do not influence the opinions or ratings of our editors.
The Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card just increased its welcome offer for a limited time, making it a worthwhile deal for travel enthusiasts who value Marriott Bonvoy points.
The welcome offer, which nearly doubles the 75,000 bonus points previously offered, applies to approved applicants through May 3, 2023. New cardholders can earn 125,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after making $5,000 in purchases within 3 the first months. Beyond the bonus points, there are a number of benefits that have elevated this card to a more competitive travel card offering.
Exclusive partner offer
Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card
Reward rate up to 6X
6 points per dollar at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy® program, 4 points per dollar at restaurants worldwide, atRead more
Earn 125,000 points
20.24% – 29.24% Variable
Excellent/Good (700 – 749)
Frequent business travelers who are loyal to Marriott Bonvoy hotel brands will love this card’s generous benefits and rewards.
The good and the bad
- Generous welcome bonus
- High redemption value for reward points possible
- No date and breakpoint ever expire
- Only Marriott enthusiasts can justify the annual fee
- There are no non-travel points redemption options
- No introductory offers in April
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 125,000 Bonus Marriott Bonvoy Points after using your new card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of card membership. The offer ends on 23.05.03.
- Receive a 7% discount on standard guest room rates at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book direct. Terms and conditions apply.
- 6x Marriott Bonvoy Points per dollar of eligible purchases at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy® program.
- 4x points on purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at US gas stations, on wireless phone services purchased directly from US service providers, and on US shipping purchases.
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after the month of Card renewal. Plus, earn an additional free night award after you spend $60,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year. Awards can be redeemed for one night (redemption level at or below 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy® points) at participating Marriott Bonvoy® hotels. Some hotels have tourist fees.
- Enjoy complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status with your card.
- Terms apply.
Perks To Marriott Bonvoy Business Amex
In addition to the welcome offer, Marriott Bonvoy membership offers 10 points per dollar on purchases at participating hotels. Marriott Bonvoy Business Amex cardholders receive an additional 25% bonus on those points through free Gold Elite card status, plus 6 points per dollar at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy® program, 4 points per dollar at restaurants worldwide , at gas stations in the US. on wireless phone services purchased directly from US service providers and on US purchases for shipping and 2 points per dollar on all other eligible purchases.
The card promotion also offers a 7% discount on room rates, a free night stay after renewing your card each year and a free night award if you spend $60,000 on your card in a year (redemption levels at or below 35,000 points ). Discounted rooms and free nights only apply at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
Read more: American Express Marriott Bonvoy Business 2023 Review
Marriott Bonvoy Business Amex Cost
If you’re a points person and frequent Marriott properties, there are many benefits to the Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express card. However, there is also a $125 annual fee, and the annual percentage rate (APR) is variable, ranging from 20.24% – 29.24% variable (terms apply, see rates and fees).
Keep in mind that you’ll also need to meet spending requirements in the first three months of card activation to access the extra bonus points. And, you can only redeem your points for travel.
If you’re already a frequent Marriott traveler, the promotion is a great way to increase your points balance and further your Marriott elite status. Remember, if you have a personal and business credit card through Marriott Bonvoy, you can also combine your Elite night credits to get up to 40 nights per year.
Add all the other benefits, like the Annual Free Night Certificate and high earnings at restaurants worldwide and gas stations in the US, on top of this limited-time welcome offer and this could be the perfect opportunity for them add this card to your wallet.
To view rates and fees for Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card please visit this page.
Leave a Reply