Deadline: August 19, 2022
Applications for the International Woolmark Awards 2023 are now open. The International Woolmark Award is the world’s most prestigious talent development award for fashion stars who want to shape the future of the fashion industry.
Known as an important fashion design competition, the untold story of the global Woolmark Awards is an authentic lesson in the fashion process and brings together a fascinating list of industry legends, past and present – all with wool fibers.
- All finalists selected by the Advisory Council will receive a financial contribution towards the development of their business and a capsule collection.
- One overall winner will receive AU$200,000 and one designer will receive AU$100,000 for the Karl Lagerfeld Innovation Award.
- Finalists have the opportunity to have their collections stocked in major retailers and become part of the prestigious alumni program.
- Open to new designers from around the world;
- Must have been producing commercially available garments for a minimum of 2 years and a maximum of 8 years (at the time of application);
- You must have consistent experience in working with and promoting apparel supply chains, demonstrating annual sales growth and demonstrating textile and textile innovation.
How the competition works
- Step 1: Designers from all over the world who meet the application criteria are encouraged to apply for the international Woolmark Awards.
- Step 2: The Walmart Company assembled an expert advisory council of leading industry tastemakers to select 7 finalists from hundreds of applications. These 7 finalists will go on to compete for the International Woolmark Prize and the Karl Lagerfeld Prize for Innovation.
- Step 3: The 7 global finalists have approximately 8 months to create their global Woolmark Award collections, with help from the Innovation Academy, a group of like-minded brands working together to support globally renowned designers. Collections – including mood boards and lookbooks – are presented to a panel of celebrity judges at the final event, at one of the world’s most prestigious fashion weeks.
- Step 4: Each finalist will continue their Global Woolmark Prize journey with the opportunity to join over 400 distinguished alumni and market their Global Woolmark Prize collections through IWP’s retail partner network.
Applications close at midnight on August 19, 2022 (EST). Contact if you have any questions [email protected]
Click here to apply
For more information, visit IWP