Alex And Grace They’re back to cover the biggest and most interesting tech, startup and market news. This morning was an interesting mix of stuff that we don’t always get, so buckle up for the following:
- Stocks and cryptocurrencies are higher today, which means most of the show’s listeners are richer than Friday. Congratulations!
- Coinbase earnings on the horizon, but today we got word from Palantir and SoftBank. Palantir’s stock fell due to a regulatory error, while SoftBank reported heavy losses on its Vision Fund efforts.
- Also, SoftBank is SoftBank when startup founders are not yet willing to accept valuation cuts to bring their startups’ value in line with market conditions. not good.
- And today was a massive PE deal, with Avalara being acquired by Vista Equity Partners in an $8.4 billion deal.
- what else? Self-driving cars from Baidu are now picking up passengers in China, Lyft is building a media business, and India is stopping buying Chinese smartphones.
We’re back on Wednesday! Chat soon!
Equity drops every Monday at 7 am PDT and Wednesdays and Fridays at 6 am PDT, so subscribe Apple Podcasts, Exaggerated, Spotify AAnd all the actors.