If you are someone who has very sensitive data on your Android smartphone and want to lock any of its apps, then you are at the right place.
There may be times when you have information on your smartphone that you don’t want anyone to see. It can be photos, videos, documents or WhatsApp and messages chats. What do you do for extra security? What if you give your phone to someone to play games or use the call and they end up spying on your personal data? How can you avoid this?
Well, the best way to avoid that is by putting a passcode lock on apps that contain sensitive information. This will definitely provide more security to Android users.
Many people are using biometric fingerprint lock on their Android smartphone, some are using face unlock, and some are using PIN protection to unlock their Android device. However, there may be occasions when you want to lock individual apps or folders on your Android phone. This function is missing in Android but there are some third party apps that can do the job very well. Since Android is an open source platform, it is very easy to add an individual passcode lock to various apps on your smartphone.
How to lock apps on Android?
- Download AppLock from Google Play Store and it will do the job for you. This app is free to use, and you can apply this passcode lock to any app on the device. But if you want to have the bloatware and ad-free version of this app, you can buy the full version.
- The first time you open the app, it will ask you to add a Master PIN. For added security, make sure this PIN is different from the one on your Android smartphone.
- If you have a fingerprint scanner on your device. App Lock asks you to choose a PIN every time you open the app, whether you want to unlock it using a fingerprint lock.
- Click the plus icon next to select the apps you want to apply the passcode lock to. You can add this lock to as many apps as you want.
- Check OK and you’re good to go!
Here’s how you can set up a passcode on apps for that extra layer of security. Hope this helps!