Stellaris is a sci-fi grand strategy game that has been continuously updated and improved by Paradox Interactive since its 2016 release. One of the most interesting aspects of the game is the Ascension Paths, which are traditional trees that allow players to focus on growing their people rather than their empire. In this article, we will discuss the steps taken to complete the Ascension Path in Stellaris.
The first step in completing an ascension path is to select the associated ascension benefit. Players can choose one perk for each culture tree they complete. However, the Ascension Path benefits have additional prerequisites before players can choose them.
The prerequisites for each path of ascension are as follows.
- Genetic: Requires gene tailoring technology, which involves mapping the genome.
- Psionic: Requires Psionic Theory technology, a rare technology that is easy to obtain for the Fanatic Spirit Empire. This path is automatically unlocked for Empires that choose Shroud Origin Masters.
- Cybernetic (Non-Gestalt Consciousness): Requires integrated cybernetic technology, which follows powered exoskeletons and colonial centralization.
- Cybernetic (hive mind): Requires integrated cybernetics technology, followed by a powered exoskeleton and colony centralization.
- Cybernetic (Driven Assimilators): The Empire requires at least 30 pops to be successfully assimilated.
- Artificial (Non-Gestalt Consciousness): Requires synthetic technology, dangerous technology that follows droids, galactic governance, and positronic AI.
- Artificial (Machine Intelligence): A machine model system requires technology, based on powered exoskeletons.
Once players have met the prerequisites for one of these Ascension benefits, it will appear in the list for them to choose from. This unlocks the Ascension Path Tradition Tree, as well as providing unique technology for the path.
Once players unlock the ascension path, it functions just like any traditional tree in Stellaris. The next time you get enough unity to choose a tradition, you can start the new tree, first the adoption result, then 5 traditions to complete and finally the final result to do all of them. Compared to regular lore trees, ascension path trees are not only more powerful, but they can also open or enhance paths to increase the pops in the player’s territory.
Following are the results of each path of ascension.
- Genetic: Gene modification greatly improves the special project, allowing players to significantly change their pops, removing many of the negative characteristics of Stellaris, adding special advanced properties and speeding up the whole process.
- Psionic: Allows the player to train Psionic Armies, enter the Shroud Dimension, and form alliances with otherworldly entities within.
- Cybernetic: Allows the player to increase the use of cybernets and make them mandatory throughout their empire, increasing productivity, reducing empire size, and spending robot upgrade points on organics.
- Synthetic: Allows organic species to transfer their minds into advanced robotic bodies, gain immortality, reduce upkeep, and become highly specialized.
- Artificial (Machine Intelligence): Machine intelligence allows the Empire to fuse robotic Pops, build new Pops at incredible speeds, and further enhance their abilities.
In conclusion, Ascension Paths is one of the most powerful features introduced by the Utopia DLC in Stellaris. They represent the ultimate mastery over nature, bestowing immortality, superintelligence, or psychic powers on the species. Whether you’re looking to play as a genetic, psionic, cybernetic, or artificial empire, each Ascension Path offers players a unique and exciting way to improve their pops and take their empire to new heights. Ultimately, completing the Ascension Path in Stellaris is a challenging but rewarding experience, allowing you to gain dominion over nature and lead your empire to greatness.
Leave a Reply