As readers know, we have fun with headlines on this site. But apparently, so do you all. As a year-end cover, the Equity Podcast team asked listeners to write a topic that represents 2022 in technology. Listeners showed up, from the gritty, the real and the holy-molly-yes-this-this-year-how-could-you-forget-it.
Our recap episode of this amazing, 12-month-long roller coaster is now live wherever you find podcasts. We’ll cover most of your answers in the article, but some were so good that we thought they deserved their own story. So, if you’re in the mood for some tweet-sized recaps after a news cycle saga, read on and read on:
- “Mofos Unbent.” Issa Watson, founder and CEO of Squad
- “We came and we didn’t win.” Founder and CEO of Juggernaut by Snigda Sur.
- “Adrenal Fatigue and the Issue in Billionaires”. By Martha Shaughnessy, Founder of Key PR
- “Just put a roller coaster gif and call it a day.” By Tate Hackert, President and Founder of Zyzon.
- “lash” By Eric Bahn, Co-Founder & GP at Hustle Fund VC.
- “Crypto Burns Like Paper Money”. By Madison Campbell, Founder and CEO of Leda Health.
- “2022 is the year everything is a Rorschach test.” By Phil Libin, CEO and Co-Founder of All Turtles and M.M.
- “I went too fast and broke everything.” By Pearl Tempest Advisor.
- By Morgan Oliveira, Food Entrepreneur
- “Goblin mode” by Samantha McGarry, EVP at Inkhouse PR How can we not give a moment to the word-phrase, in fact, that we have all presented in recent months.
- “Be honest about reviews” by Roger Johnson, PR whiz at Method Johnson is a fan of the great British baking brouhaha, and as such is always in our good graces.
- “Give a round of money and find out” by Dan Gray of Equidam Turn around and find out has been a useful phrase to keep in the pocket. This particular variation is very 2022.
- Alex Konrad of Forbes had a similar view.Presenting “2022: The Year That Got Around and Got It.”
- “ for all that“By Chris Messina, the hashtag is best known for its creation. Here Messina brings together the leading emoji of the year in one tweet. good.
- “Grimes’ ex-boyfriend happens to be the most important Republican.” by Paul Griffiths, investor and general Twitter vivant. While some people still seem confused about Mook’s politics, Griffiths isn’t beating around the bush.
- “The year when men literally won everything” by Leslie Feinzig, investor and writer. She has a point..
- “Back to reality, here comes gravity” by Luba Lesiva, the investor and one of our favorite Twitter users. We are always here as a meeting point for venture capital and rap lyrics..
- And finally, “Crypto down, AI up, Biden said, Twitter is a mess, all of the above are priced higher.“By Justin Mitchell of Sofrindly, what he’s been trying to put into just a few words all year. good job!
Mary Ann’s Favorites:
- “Back to translation. Average funding. Average interest rates. Average cost control. Average bosses” by Simon Taylor, a self-proclaimed fintech geek
- “Because we let ChatGPT pick the headlines for 2022…” by Shannon K. Wilsey, VC, health care comms
- “Who was swimming naked only when the tide was out” by Greg Wallace (quoting Warren Buffett), VC, Building Ventures
- “Abracadabra: The smoke and mirrors are gone” by Kim Hong
- “In the year 2022, the return to the United States of WTF?!?” by Dan Taylor, Writer, Tech.E
- ‘In the year Shirk show in 2022By Jody Ichakowitz, CEO of Boulevard PR
- “Revaluation Nation” by Kelly Soderlund, Sr. Director of Comms at TripActions
- “Goblin mode” by Jordan French, Editor-in-Chief of Grit Daily News
- “Fexac” by Carl Dieter, founder of the online application