As a sustainable innovation leader in the energy industry, Ibedrola operates a network of over 4,400 high to medium voltage substations and over 1.5 million medium to low voltage distribution transformers – providing high quality and reliable service to A. A total of 31 million electricity supply points. To build a sustainable future and fight climate change, Iberdrola is launching a sustainable materials for networks startup challenge.
What is the Iberdrola Global Smart Grids Innovation Center?
Iberdrola’s Sustainable Materials for Grids startup test was launched in the framework of the new Global Smart Grids Innovation Center. Iberdrola is building a global smart grid benchmark through open cooperation and collaboration between i-DE technicians, suppliers and startups, as well as various organizations around the world.
Is your solution the right fit for Iberdrola’s sustainable materials network challenge?
In total, Iberdrola operates more than 1.1 million kilometers of electricity transmission and distribution lines in the United States, Brazil, the United Kingdom and Spain.
In this context, Iberdrola, Through the international start-up program – PERSEO and as part of the International Smart Grids Innovation Center, requires new materials and designs as well as manufacturing and construction methods for electrical substations and very high voltage lines. Recommendations may include:
- Facilitating the use of project materials, for example, in metal structures
- Replacing the use of current materials with new, more sustainable materials
- Facilitation of civil works
- Effective removal of power plants
- Increasing the safety of operations by reducing human intervention, for example in work at height.
Explore your benefits and apply today!
Ebedrola is no stranger to working with startups and emerging companies – over the past two years, the team has launched more than 17 global startup challenges to solve pressing problems in today’s energy networks. Your benefits include:
- Cooperation agreement and trial test: For the winner, the prize includes a cooperation and trial agreement with PERSEO or any company of the Iberdrola group. The group supports the cost of the experimental activities.
- Access-all-areas: Iberdrola will provide the winner with all the necessary technical support, as well as a site to test the solution and real data. This includes access to equipment, teams, infrastructure, high-tech spaces and shared workspaces.
- The size of your technologyIf the pilot test is satisfactory, Iberdrola may offer the winner the opportunity to scale up the solution through commercial agreements.
- InvestmentMoreover, PERSEO will consider investing in the participating company and/or the winning bidder.
Your solution will also be included directly in the registration process for Global Smart Grids Innovation Resources. As a Partner, you will benefit from future services, activities and resources the Hub offers!
Does your solution meet the evaluation criteria?
When evaluating your proposals, Iberdrola will consider the following price proposals, among others:
- The maturity, reliability and sustainability of the solution.
- Ease of installation and maintenance.
- Investment and operating costs.
- The balance of solutions for this and other applications in the electrical sector.
Your proposals will be evaluated by experts from Iberdrola’s Networks team.
Key dates for durable materials for networks test
Applications are now open!
- The deadline to submit applications is June 19, 2022!
- Iberdrola Networks team specialists will evaluate your ideas in July 2022
- The pilot project will start in the second half of 2022 – details to follow soon!
Iberdrola continuously seeks to develop and implement solutions that support the transition to a sustainable energy model. In its commitment to fight climate change and promote sustainability, Iberdrola aims to achieve clear results in relation to the climate crisis and its sustainability strategy.
Ready to scale your innovative and sustainable solutions with Iberdrola? Click here to apply now!
Sharing is caring!