Pictured L to R: Comcast Vermont technicians Robert Benjamin and Dylan Perkins.
Vermont Business Journal Comcast will expand its fast, reliable and fiber-rich network to five new communities – Elmore, Eden, Sudbury, Wardsboro and Wolcott – and further to four communities it already serves – Hubbardton, Jamaica, Stratton and Morristown – as part of it. the latest project to make broadband available to more Vermonters.
This network expansion offers Comcast’s innovative portfolio of Xfinity and Comcast Business services, including residential broadband speeds of up to 6 gigabits per second (Gbps) and business speeds of up to 100 Gbps, to more than 2,000 residents and businesses in others in the Green Mountain State.
The process to expand Comcast’s advanced network to these areas is currently underway in Elmore, with plans to continue expanding to eight additional communities in the coming months. The entire project is expected to be completed by the end of 2022. Residents and businesses can check here to see if their address is eligible for service today. If so, they can sign up for the service using the link accompanying the map. Prospective customers can also call 1-800-XFINITY to inquire about service or to inquire about the federal government’s Affordable Connection Program, which offers eligible households up to $30 a month for their Internet service and cell phones.
“With this expansion into these communities, Comcast will provide more residents and businesses with another option when choosing their Internet provider,” said Betsy Bishop, President of the Vermont Chamber of Commerce. “This opportunity will make Vermont an even more attractive place to live and work by providing access to a reliable network for everyone, which is more important than ever.”
“We are committed to investing in and expanding our network in Vermont to ensure more residents and businesses have the important broadband connections they need for their educational, professional and personal lives,” said. Carolyne Hannan, Senior Vice President of Comcast’s Western New England Region. “We are proud to connect these communities with fast, secure and reliable Internet service that is built to exceed their needs today and into the future.”
Residential customers will be able to take advantage of Xfinity’s full suite of Internet products, including:
- Supersonic WiFi: Advanced WiFi technology from powerful gateways capable of delivering gigabit speeds to support the ever-increasing number of connected devices in the home.
- Ultimate security: Help keep loved ones safe and secure online with xFi Advanced Security, included at no additional cost with an xFi gateway. Advanced security helps protect customer devices from billions of cyber threats annually, and customers can add xFi Complete to extend that security on the go.
- Power Link: The newest gateway provides a more reliable connection for all connected devices. And with xFi Complete, you get wall-to-wall WiFi coverage throughout your home, with an included xFi pod if recommended.
- Unprecedented control: xFi, a digital panel to control the home WiFi network that includes Advanced Security that protects every device on the network from malware and security threats.
- Xfinity Mobile: A mobile service designed for the way consumers use mobile today, with the internet at the center of the experience, Xfinity Mobile can save customers hundreds a year on their mobile bills.
- Final fun: Flex, a free 4K platform for online-only customers that seamlessly delivers streaming content.
Over the past three years, Comcast invested tens of millions of dollars in technology and infrastructure in Vermont, including upgrades to its broadband network. Earlier this year, Comcast announced that it had expanded its network to over 2,200 homes and businesses as of 2020. The company’s latest commitment to the Green Mountain State will provide service to an additional 2,000 residents and businesses, bringing now the company’s innovative broadband services to more than 4,200 Vermonters as of 2020.
For local businesses, Comcast Business offers a suite of connectivity, communications, networking, cybersecurity, wireless and managed solutions to help organizations of all sizes prepare for what’s next. Powered by the nation’s largest Gig-speed broadband network, and backed by 24/7 customer support, Comcast Business is the nation’s largest cable provider for small and medium-sized businesses and one of the leading of services in the Enterprise market. Comcast Business has been consistently recognized by analysts and industry associations as a leader and innovator, and one of the fastest growing providers of Ethernet services.
Comcast is also deeply committed to advancing digital equity in the communities we serve. The company’s recent community partnerships in Vermont, totaling $2.3 million in cash and in-kind contributions to local nonprofits over the past three years, include the installation of four Lift Zones, providing free WiFi service to local community centers for promote digital learning. Lift Zones are part of Project UP, Comcast’s comprehensive 10-year, $1 billion commitment to help build a future of unlimited opportunity and continue the company’s long history of giving back to the communities it serves and where its employees live and work. .