Like the rest of you, we at StartupNation have spent the past few weeks racing to close out 2022, making plans for 2023 and making some resolutions for the new year.
As we’ve published and shared some great articles on those topics—about marketing trends in 2023—we thought it would be fun to try ChatGPT to help us put together a list of New Year’s resolutions.
ChatGPT is an artificial intelligence tool with an amazing ability to draw on existing articles to answer all kinds of questions for those who follow the latest technology news. It seems surprising that the responses you get from people.
ChatGPT, released by San Francisco company OpenAI, can also perform more basic AI tasks, such as summarizing text and generating clear responses in the format you request.
For fun, we grabbed four StartupNation articles about preparing your business for the new year, combined the articles from them, and asked ChatGPT to create a “summary in detailed format.”
Here’s what we found:
Stay abreast of industry policy trends
Set goals for business, health and growth
Dream big and set long-term goals
Choose a credit card that will help you grow your business
Focus on the happiness of yourself and employees
Prioritize your own sustainability and set goals for personal and business growth
Set a budget and financial goals
Focus on customer satisfaction
Look for new opportunities
Think back to the past year and evaluate what worked and what didn’t
Don’t be afraid to tweak or change as needed
Find mentors or join a community of like-minded individuals for support and guidance.
A bit repetitive. It can be very special in places. But great, right?
Fittingly, one of the things on StartupNation’s list for 2023 is to publish more information about artificial intelligence. We focus on how startups and small businesses can use AI, like this article by Nahla Davis.
“When used correctly, AI can make your startup very efficient, especially In the era of remote work,,” Davis wrote. But you don’t want to rely too much on AI, or misuse it or abuse it.
To wrap up our little experiment, we turned to ChatGPI for a list of New Year’s activities based not on StartupNation articles, but on the world of articles that ChatGPI can draw upon.
Here’s the answer to the question, “Make a list of things a small business needs to do before the new year starts.”
- Review the past year: Take time to reflect on the past year and evaluate the business’s performance. This may include reviewing financial statements, analyzing sales and marketing efforts, and looking at customer feedback.
- Set goals: Use the insights from the previous year’s review to set goals for the coming year. These may include financial targets, marketing and sales goals, or operational objectives.
- Create a budget: Create a budget that outlines your expected income and expenses based on your goals for the new year. This helps the business to effectively plan and manage its financial resources.
- Plan Marketing Efforts: Develop a marketing plan for the new year outlining the strategies and tactics the business will use to reach its target audience and drive sales.
- Review and Update Business Plans: Review the business’s existing business plan and make any necessary revisions to reflect the new year’s goals and priorities.
- Review and Update Policies and Procedures: Review business policies and procedures to ensure they are current and aligned with business goals and objectives.
- Review and Update Contracts: Review any contracts the business has with suppliers, partners or customers and make any necessary amendments.
- Prepare for the New Year: Make any necessary preparations for the new year, such as ordering inventory, updating software or systems, or hiring new staff.
And on that long but wonderful note… Happy New Year!