To get TechCrunch’s biggest and most important stories delivered to your inbox every day at 3pm PDT; Register here.
We’re getting there, folks. It’s the last Thursday of 2022, and today we have some news out of Alibaba and Spotify, as well as out of India. And as always, we’re giving you some goodness from TC+, our premium membership program. Read on, dear readers, and we’ll be back tomorrow to bring you the latest in technology for 2022. – H.P
TechCrunch’s Top 3
- Alibaba cloud activityAlibaba Cloud has a new president Rita Reports. AWS, the world’s third largest public cloud infrastructure provider, and Microsoft after appointing the company’s CEO, Daniel Zhang, as acting president.
- Call it on Spotify.: Aisha The forum has written that it wants to help you welcome 2023 in style with something it thinks you can enjoy. Playlists like “Party Hits”, “Floor Fillers”, “Pop Party” and “Rock Party” will keep you going until midnight. Hub offers you exclusive DJ mixes from the likes of TT the Artist, Carlita, AMÉMÉ, Coco & Breezy, &ME and Austin Millz. Get down!
- Indian crypto regulation: Under the G20 presidency, India has said that it will prioritize the development of a global regulatory framework for unbacked crypto assets, stablecoins and decentralized finance. Manish.
Startups and VCs
- Remember this: Catherine Recall.ai wrote that it raised $2.7 million in a seed funding round to help its customers build apps for multiple use cases for a unified API that works with Zoom, Google Meet, and Microsoft Teams.
- Down rounds: Mary Ann He spoke with GGV’s Hans Tung and Robin Lee about the firm’s position in the challenging venture environment. (Requires TC+ registration.)
Redefining ‘founder-friendly’ capital in the post-FTX era
Could FTX’s collapse have been avoided if investors had taken a more active interest in the company’s activities?
Given the chilly climate for late-stage fundraising and widespread economic uncertainty, “it’s time for the startup community to redefine what ‘founder-friendly’ capital means and adjust the source and cost of capital,” writes founder Blair Silverberg. and CEO of Hamm Capital.
In a TC+ guest post, he weighs the relative merits of active versus active investors, breaks down the basics of debt startup financing, and shares advice for “founders looking for better capital balance and outside expertise for their businesses.”
TechCrunch+ It’s our membership program that helps founders and startup teams get ahead of the pack. You can register here.. Use code “DC” for 15% off annual subscription!
Looking back and looking forward
We’ve rounded up our best TC+ coverage from a roller-coaster year at Crypt. not enough? Jackie To squeeze more juice out of crypto juice, he gave us two more:
Ron It looked at the private equity that dominated this year’s top 10 corporate M&A deals. The deal was worth nearly $154 billion. (Requires TC+ registration.)
Rebecca In the year She has some thoughts on what’s in store for the micromobility market in 2023 – after what she says has been a “controversial” year.
Leave a Reply